Åsnen around by bike
Stay at Hotel Åsnen and experience Åsnen National Park, culture and local food tradition…
Åsnen around, southern Småland
3 nights | 2.950 sek per.person. | Available: July, August
This is included:
- Three nights in Hotel Åsnen in a double room, 2 beds, room size approx. 10 m2, room service such as day cleaning and towel changes is not provided. Clean towels can be picked up for free in the reception by bringing your used already used cloth.
- 3 x Breakfast
- 2 x Lunch packages
- 1 x Four course locally produced dinner incl. beverage package (4 glasses of wine, or our alcohol free alternative with locally produced beverages), served after 6 PM mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Some nights guests may enjoy live performances by local acts, no guarantee.
- Visit our ranch bath house, sauna and jacuzzi between 6 PM and 22 PM monday, wednesday or fridays.
- Bike Map
- Extra nights, the package will be complemented by one or more extra nights 600 sek/night/person
- Additional single room 350 sek/night
- Fresh produce for grilling at your own leisure 150 sek, You grill alone in our grill cabin with an open fireplace and the option to be inside or outside. The food you ordered will be in cold storage in the cabin. The food has to be ordered prior to breakfast hours the same day.
- Rental bike and helmet 280 sek/day
- Electric bike 480 sek/day, including a battery, helmet and storage bag.
- Extra battery for electric bike 150 sek/time
- Extra helmet 50 sek/time
- Child bike seat 50 sek/time
- Other infrastructure available at our guests disposal is locked in indoor areas for bikes, repair tools, laundry machines and tumble driers.
Available dates: july, august.
The price for the Biking package is: 2.950 sek/per guest
You will be staying at Hotel Åsnen in the southern part of the bike trail “Åsnen around”, and a nice time to spend your time is parking your car in Torne, which is in the northern part of the trail. From here, you will bike south from west of Åsnen. Soon, you will reach one Trollberget – one of the entrances to Åsnen National Park. You can stop here. The entrance Trollberget is on the west side of Åsnen, and you can go on a short 2,6 kilometer hiking trail from here. This hike will give you a sample of all four types of nature found in Sweden. Another hiking trail takes you to Ramnaberg, which is the highest vantage point in Åsnen. All of the material found in the buildings of the National Park is oak, in fact, oak forests are one of the reasons Åsnen has a National Park! The hiking trails that go right through wildwoods are crooked and well synchronised with nature.
From there, the journey continues towards Gottåsa and Ålshult, and lastly, down to Hotel Åsnen. Here you may spend the night, and possibly treat yourself to dinner at the restaurant, and conclude the evening at our bathing house. The next morning, breakfast will be ready for you. You can then continue by bike to the Urshult, Cirkön and Bjurkärr. Here, you will find the main entrance to Åsnen National Park, as well as all of the information and infrastructure you may require. Amongst other things, grilling areas with firewood is always available.
The main entry is by Bjurkärr, which is also where you’ll find all of the information and infrastructure you may require. Grilling areas and firewood is always available. Among the many short hikes you can go on, the longest one is the 8 kilometer beach trail.
From there, continue your trip to Tornö.
Another option is to travel “Åsnen Around” by bike. Then you can leave your car by Hotel Åsnen, take the bike to Tornö and stay at Tornö Camping in cabin or tent. This stay can be booked by yourself.
Åsnen Around is 66 kilometers long and can be comfortably travelled over two days.
Some of you may go in strong and complete Åsnen Around in one day. If that would be the case, we highly recommend you take a biking trip around a different lake, namely lake Mien. This lake has a beautiful beach where you can go for a dip. This biking trail is 51 kilometers long.
A third trail we recommend, with starting point Hotel Åsnen, is “Rydturen”. A trail going over a total of five bridges. Rydturen is 12 kilometers long.
See link (in swedish) for information about local trip recommendations. The trails described above include dirt and country road as well as tarmac.